Thursday, May 12, 2005

My Matt

I have this small iguana who has taken up residence under my bungalow. Let's call him Matthew, for lack of an imagination on my part at this moment.
For the past few weeks, he has decided that lying under my hibachi during the hot mid-day sun gives him some kind of erotic or other pleasure, but I digress. One morning, when Eric and I were about to get in the F150 to go to work, I head a noise in the engine block that sounded like a scurrying animal. I carefully (OK, timidly) lifted the hood and looked around for a snake, or crab, or yuck, even a rat but couldn't find anything. Off we went down the road a couple of miles to Dottie's house to pick up some of Liz's dive gear, and then back to Paradise Diver's office where a few of us chatted about nothing like usual. When we came out of the office, Matt was under the truck after having obviously jumped down from his horrific ride, looking very frightened and out of sorts. He then scurried off under the office and I haven't seen him since.
I should have known this BBQ metal fetish of his would eventually get him into trouble. I should have chased him away from the hibachi all those times instead of taking zillions of photos. I can't help but blame myself for everything. I miss him.



BBQ iguana

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home