Monday, February 28, 2005

Rain, octopus, wipe-out, dives, lunch, blog.

Well, the day started off with a rainstorm and a pgymy(?) octopus found sitting on the deck of the boat?!? We reckon he was attached to the mooring or anchor line and didn't let go in time! We did give him back gently to Mother Ocean but only after showing him off to our divers...
Then I slipped on the wet dock, hurt my ankle and pouted. Bad octopus karma?
We found two crabs embracing at Coconut Walk on our first dive. Actually, one had the other in a death grip with his claws, but luckily the one on the bottom escaped as I created a diversion. (I hope they weren't actually mating!)
The scorpionfish is a master of camouflage so I was surprised to see him sitting on this particular type of green star coral where he stood out like a sore thumb. That being said, I didn't actually see him until a guest pointed him out as I was involved with a nearby basket star and spiny lobster!

5 Comments:

At 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personally, I would put the wipe-out before the rain and the octopus for entertainment value but I guess it's a matter of angle... ;-)

Cool new look!

 
At 9:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you take a picture of the octopus? It sounds really funny!

 
At 9:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why didn't you take a picture of the octopus? It sounds really funny!

 
At 9:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Why did you put lunch blog by the way? I bet the pygmy octopus weighed less than the jewfish!

 
At 4:04 PM, Blogger Rod said...

I wanted to take a photo of the octopus but someone else thought it might terrify the little thing into a coma:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home