Friday, March 25, 2005

Forget about the reef shark pic that I posted yesterday......

...cause today we saw a 3m/10foot hammerhead at Donna's Deee-Lite!!
We are very excited as this is a rare experience here, in fact, I have only seen 3 hammerheads in the past 4 years, and this is the largest. He was even nice enough to come within about 10 feet of me before turning and heading out into the blue off the wall. Even Jerri and Mini-me, our friendly Nassau groupers that live on that dive site were excited (or most likely petrified - lunch!)
OK, time to go celebrate hammerhead sharks, Easter weekend and Sue's (LCBR) going away party...

6 Comments:

At 9:20 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

sweet
MK

 
At 8:58 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Are you making this up?

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Rod said...

NO Luba, this really happened the other day!! We had even a better dive the next day - I have yet to post the pics...

 
At 9:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

10 feet! Wow - great pix!

 
At 9:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think the last time I dove there you said that nothing more dangerous than a goldfish ever frequented those waters. You weren't just trying to make me feel more secure were you?

 
At 10:09 AM, Blogger Rod said...

Well, it was smaller than the one that I saw at West Caicos if that is any consolation, and I lived thru that harrowing event as well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home